Dedication Celebration Day 6: East District Mass – COMPASSION
Monday, 20 February 2017
Mass con-celebration by district priests
Before the final blessings, Rector Msgr Philip Heng, SJ will share the Cathedral’s Pastoral Vision and Mission
Recitation of a decade of the Rosary in Cathedral
The East District parishes comprise the following churches: Church of Divine Mercy, Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace, Church of St Stephen, Church of the Holy Family, and Church of the Holy Trinity.
After Mass, everyone is invited to unite in prayers for our “Mother Church” by the recitation of a decade of the rosary at a holy sculpture around the compound of the Cathedral. The five points of prayers are at the following:
- Statue of Mother Mary (at garden facing annex block)
- The Homeless Jesus (at garden facing Queen Street)
- St John Paul II (at garden facing Bras Basah Road)
- Jesus on the Cross (at garden facing Victoria Street)
- Michelangelo’s Pieta (at the back of church interior)
Prayer cards featuring the theme of the day and prayer intentions will be provided and serves as a souvenir from the Cathedral. Candles are also available for offering prayer intentions.
Come and celebrate with us and offer our prayers and love for “Mother Church”.